Step Into The Light

spending my living days right.

Saturday, June 30, 2007

iPhone nightmare, day one.

Instead of writing the blog i thought id be writing tonight, about how great the iPhone is and how well its working, all i can relay is the nightmare its been so far.

How is the phone working? i have no idea. its not activated.

upon trying to activate, itunes informed me that AT&T had determined iphone wouldn't work under current cell phone service...however since activation had been started, AT&T DE-activated my previous phone.) When i called my phone from a land line, i was shocked to hear a teenage girl answer. She had just bought a pre-loaded phone that day. Yes folks, the number that iv had for the better part of a decade, that every business contact iv ever made has, was no being rerouted to a teenage girl, very frustrated that she kept getting calls for me.

After over 3 hours on the phone ripping AT&T and Apple new one because no one could figure out what was wrong (although, Apple was the most helpful at actually trying to determine what was wrong) FINALLY someone at AT&T realized that my phone was originally activated when i was a freshman in high school as a business account through my mothers business, and had never switched over to an individual account. iPhone currently isnt supported for a business account, and that's why it wouldn't let me activate.

Now had someone told me that at 6pm. I could have cleared it up instantly. But, since no one bothered to notice this until well past midnight, the business office that could fix it was closed, and would not be reopening until Monday. After a bit of a panic attack with the lady on the phone, she discovered that the office would be open tomorrow at 9am, and i simply would have to get it changed, and then it would activate no problem. We shall see.... but as of right now, i am phone less.

the really sad part, is everyone is barraging me with "I TOLD YOU SO!"'s but it really has nothing to do with the iphone not working properly.... the phone itself looks pretty awesome, i just can't do a thing with it yet.... This is really AT&T totally f-ing up big time. I'll be looking for some free months of service for this error.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home